Will Sheppard into the transfer portal

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.
Roan0ke

Re: Will Sheppard into the transfer portal

Post by Roan0ke »

Just being honest, no one suffered more than him under our mismanaged offensive scheme.

He evidently knows it too.

A thank you to CDM but not CCL confirms it.

I will root for him always. He sacrificed a lot coming back for this season - and didn’t benefit by it.

New OC needs to be named soon - and be really good.
cc11316

Post by cc11316 »

When I think about the best Vandy receivers in the NFL, it's a pretty short list. Jordan Matthews (the best) had a couple of good seasons in Philadelphia early in his career (never quite 1,000 yards). Earl Bennett played 6 seasons in Chicago and totalled 2,200 yards and 12 touchdowns. Jonathan Krause and Kalija Lipscomb had a cup of coffee in the NFL but never really played significant time. There have been some other decent receivers mixed in the past 20 years but I can't think of any that had a good run in the NFL.

I don't think Sheppard is as good as Matthews or BenneTt and maybe not even Lipsomb but good luck to him.
Dallasdore

Post by Dallasdore »

cc11316 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:22 pm When I think about the best Vandy receivers in the NFL, it's a pretty short list. Jordan Matthews (the best) had a couple of good seasons in Philadelphia early in his career (never quite 1,000 yards). Earl Bennett played 6 seasons in Chicago and totalled 2,200 yards and 12 touchdowns. Jonathan Krause and Kalija Lipscomb had a cup of coffee in the NFL but never really played significant time. There have been some other decent receivers mixed in the past 20 years but I can't think of any that had a good run in the NFL.

I don't think Sheppard is as good as Matthews or BenneTt and maybe not even Lipsomb but good luck to him.
My sentiments pretty much. Shepperd can't hold a candle to Bennett or Matthews.

He had a TON of drops this year. I actually wondered if there was something going on with him during the middle of the season because he seemed to have a couple of flat-out drops each game (I seem to remember he had 3-4 drops PLUS a fumbled punt in one game). This probably explains why he was targeted a lot less than expected. This is not as big of a loss as we would have thought at the beginning of the season. But I wish him well and thank him for his years as a Dore.
Vandy_Law07

Post by Vandy_Law07 »

I hear you guys on Sheppard relative to Bennett, and Matthews- but in Will's "defense"- those guys played in relative recent "golden eras" of Vanderbilt Football (i.e. Cutler-era, and xCJF-era respectively). Sheppard has really had to play through some extreme dregs here.

At any rate, Kirby Smart is very high on Sheppard for one. Would be interesting to see what he could do at a legit Program- or with professional QBs getting him the ball. Whatever the case- wish him the best.
VUdores05

Post by VUdores05 »

Blatant to call out CDM but not CCL. If that isn't an indictment, I don't know what is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic