Preseason mags?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.
Mtn Vandy

Preseason mags?

Post by Mtn Vandy »

Anybody seen a preseason ncaa mbb magazine?

Are we picked to be last in SEC?

MtnVandy

#BeatUF
UltimateVUFan

Re: Preseason mags?

Post by UltimateVUFan »

I haven’t seen any mags, buuuuuut…yes.
commadore

Post by commadore »

We aren't in the mags because we apparently don't have a team this year.
AuricGoldfinger

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

FWIW, I received my Blue Ribbon College Basketball book in the mail today. They have a very positive writeup on Vandy, but still pick them to finish 12th in the league.
UltimateVUFan

Post by UltimateVUFan »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:33 pm FWIW, I received my Blue Ribbon College Basketball book in the mail today. They have a very positive writeup on Vandy, but still pick them to finish 12th in the league.
All that matters is where they finish. Hopefully they exceed expectations as well as they did last season en route to 4th place regular season and tourney finishes, though I do think the SEC is supposed to be a little stronger this season.
Jason94

Post by Jason94 »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:17 am
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:33 pm FWIW, I received my Blue Ribbon College Basketball book in the mail today. They have a very positive writeup on Vandy, but still pick them to finish 12th in the league.
All that matters is where they finish. Hopefully they exceed expectations as well as they did last season en route to 4th place regular season and tourney finishes, though I do think the SEC is supposed to be a little stronger this season.
There is zero reason to expect any non-Vandy fans (as well as a number of actual Vandy fans) to pick this team very highly. On the surface we look like a team that didn't make the tournament and lost our best player, who was also our best scorer, best rebounder, and our only impact post defender. And in his place we have some transfers who look pretty good but weren't a Hunter Dickenson, and a sizable freshman class that includes no 5 star players.

From that view we look like a team that a casual observer might expect to take a step back. Those who have paid attention tend to disagree with this assessment, but it is understandable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic