FWIW - 4/17 Vandysports Podcast

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.
Jason94

Re: FWIW - 4/17 Vandysports Podcast

Post by Jason94 »

Nashmann wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:17 pm OK....let me rephrase it! We need a rim protector!!! Period! Good grief! Tell me what we need then? To play the 5?
Dude, just because I disagree with you isn't a big deal - I get that you think we NEED a big rim protector, I just disagree and think that it would be something that would be nice to have, but we could have a successful season without one. You can freak out if we don't get one, but I'm just pointing out that this doesn't necessarily mean we are doomed.
commadore

Post by commadore »

I know this isn’t 1974, but that year we won the SEC regular season with Jan VBK switching from point guard to center at 6’7”. If we could win then, we can make do with a 6’8” or 6’9” guy.
geeznotagain

Post by geeznotagain »

bhoyal wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 am
Nashmann wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 am 6"10" works even.....Neltner and Lawson were in a different time....much has changed....numerous more 7 footers ....be serious guys. Don't always try to zap someone & parse words...you know exactly what I am talking about!!! A 6'10" guy like Lang that can't jump doesn't help....
Why were people so bent out of shape over losing 6-10 QMB for a year?

Speaking for myself, I was "bent out of shape" not so much by QMB's greatness as a player but because (1) his loss was so "last minute" and unexpected, (2) he was a 10 out of 10 in terms of hustle and team chemistry -- seemed to be a very likeable young man and (3) he was almost a cult figure in terms of smarts. Wasn't he pursuing graduate degrees in business, medicine, rocket science, robotics, and law all at the same time? Oh, and he was well on his way to finding a cure for cancer in his spare time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic