Lipscomb

For fan discussion of the glorious Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.
Levon

Lipscomb

Post by Levon »

Vandy up 4-0 after top 1st. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and declare that Lipscomb is not quite as good as Texas A&M. I know, I know, a bold assessment indeed. To be serious, Vandy looked poised and focused on contact, they had 3 solid RBI singles with the 4th run scoring on a Bison error.
Levon

Re: Lipscomb

Post by Levon »

Now 4-2 after 1 thanks to sloppy defense. To paraphrase President Warren G. Harding..."Our errors; our g--damn errors."
Last edited by Levon on Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levon

Post by Levon »

Disciplined hitting approach continues. A single, 2 doubles and a Logan Poteet (LoPo? I like it, LoPo is what I'm using going forward) drops a 3-run bomb to LF. Lipscomb is not an SEC caliber team (yeah, no duh!), but they're not chipped beef either. It's good to see the boys bounce back after the Massacre in College Station. Now 9-2 in the middle 3rd.
Last edited by Levon on Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levon

Post by Levon »

Holcomb with a nice running, knee-high, backhanded catch in RF. For a guy his size, he's a good corner outfielder with a fairly strong arm. He's a defensive pleasant surprise...and this team could use some good defensive juju.
Charlestonalum

Post by Charlestonalum »

A sure win today and we got gators coming to town.
bhoyal

Post by bhoyal »

Levon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 pm Disciplined hitting approach continues. A single, 2 doubles and a Logan Poteet (LoPo? I like it, LoPo is what I'm using going forward) drops a 3-run bomb to LF. Lipscomb is not an SEC caliber team (yeah, no duh!), but they're not chipped beef either. It's good to see the boys bounce back after the Massacre in College Station. Now 9-2 in the middle 3rd.
Good win, mercy rule to save more arms for the weekend.

I don't know how good "chipped beef" is but DLU is 11-24

(yes, they did play Bama and UK for whatever this is worth)
Levon

Post by Levon »

bhoyal wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:06 pm
Levon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 pm Disciplined hitting approach continues. A single, 2 doubles and a Logan Poteet (LoPo? I like it, LoPo is what I'm using going forward) drops a 3-run bomb to LF. Lipscomb is not an SEC caliber team (yeah, no duh!), but they're not chipped beef either. It's good to see the boys bounce back after the Massacre in College Station. Now 9-2 in the middle 3rd.
Good win, mercy rule to save more arms for the weekend.

I don't know how good "chipped beef" is but DLU is 11-24

(yes, they did play Bama and UK for whatever this is worth)
Chipped beef is dried, salted, pressed, and thinly sliced pieces of beef from lean, lower-end cuts such as round steak. It is historically served with thick milk gravy on white bread toast and was a military chow hall breakfast standard for most of the 20th century. Soldiers for years have referred to Chipped Beef on Toast as S.O.S., or "Shit on a Shingle." Needless to say, most people who eat it are forced to eat it, though there are some people who actually like it. Bottom line, chipped beef ain't great. ;)
bhoyal

Post by bhoyal »

Lipscomb and MTSU are both really not very good this season even by mid-major standards.

Middle is 13-22 / 4-8 but Lipscomb played a tougher OOC slate.
Levon

Post by Levon »

bhoyal wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:28 am Lipscomb and MTSU are both really not very good this season even by mid-major standards.

Oh I understand, neither Lipscomb nor MTSU are very good this year, especially their mid-week pitching. There are always weak links on schedules, and Vandy really needed one for a confidence boost after the Blow Out at the Bell. But still, few things are worse that S.O.S. Seriously...it's called "Shit on a Shingle" for a reason :D
bhoyal

Post by bhoyal »

Levon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:03 am
bhoyal wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:28 am Lipscomb and MTSU are both really not very good this season even by mid-major standards.

Oh I understand, neither Lipscomb nor MTSU are very good this year, especially their mid-week pitching. There are always weak links on schedules, and Vandy really needed one for a confidence boost after the Blow Out at the Bell. But still, few things are worse that S.O.S. Seriously...it's called "Shit on a Shingle" for a reason :D
MTSU's SOS (strength of schedule) is pretty much SOS (shite on a shingle).

Lipscomb should be proud of the ferocious OOC opponents they played. They have played some really good teams.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic