Current Roster

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.
Jason94

Current Roster

Post by Jason94 »

As of right now, it appears that we have the following players:
*updated 5/13/24

Carey
Collins
Nickel
Huffman
Edwards
McGlockton
Manon
Hemenway
Wright
Balil
Tanner
Roberts
Williams*

The latter 4 players hadn't had anything specifically noting they were returning, but there names haven't appeared in the portal to my knowledge, so I'm currently counting them.

Am I missing anyone?

*Williams was a walk-on last season - I'm assuming he will not be on scholarship based upon his performance last season.
Last edited by Jason94 on Mon May 13, 2024 1:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
abvandy

Re: Current Roster

Post by abvandy »

?? Vinson ??

?? Smith ??

?? Torres ??
VandyFan1233

Post by VandyFan1233 »

abvandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:15 pm ?? Vinson ??

?? Smith ??

?? Torres ??
As of right now, those guys are in the portal.
Nashmann

Post by Nashmann »

Vinson is not in the portal I don't think. He's an incoming recruit who hasn't said he is definitely still coming. Is Williams still a walk-on or scholarship? Wouldn't think CMB would want him....taking up a scholarship
Jason94

Post by Jason94 »

Nashmann wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:45 pm Vinson is not in the portal I don't think. He's an incoming recruit who hasn't said he is definitely still coming. Is Williams still a walk-on or scholarship? Wouldn't think CMB would want him....taking up a scholarship
right - Vinson was a CJS recruit who we have not heard one way or the other whether he still wants to come to Vanderbilt. Williams I thought was a PWO but he hasn't entered the portal so it isn't clear what he will do next season or if he would be offered a scholarship.
Jason94

Post by Jason94 »

VandyFan1233 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:33 pm
abvandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:15 pm ?? Vinson ??

?? Smith ??

?? Torres ??
As of right now, those guys are in the portal.
I was just trying to list individuals who either 1) were on the team last season but hadn't entered the portal, 2) were commits who reconfirmed their commitment or 3) were guys we had grabbed from the portal. The other players might eventually withdraw from the portal and return, but I didn't want to assume anything.
Nashmann

Post by Nashmann »

Jason94 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:04 am
Nashmann wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:45 pm Vinson is not in the portal I don't think. He's an incoming recruit who hasn't said he is definitely still coming. Is Williams still a walk-on or scholarship? Wouldn't think CMB would want him....taking up a scholarship
right - Vinson was a CJS recruit who we have not heard one way or the other whether he still wants to come to Vanderbilt. Williams I thought was a PWO but he hasn't entered the portal so it isn't clear what he will do next season or if he would be offered a scholarship.
I hope they keep Williams as a PWO and not use up a scholarship on him. Did not show much this past season I would think, to give him one.
buffy

Post by buffy »

Well....we will certainly be the New-Look Commadores. I like having Lubin.
Jason94

Post by Jason94 »

buffy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:10 am Well....we will certainly be the New-Look Commadores. I like having Lubin.
I think a new look was inevitable regardless of who the coach would have been next season.
UltimateVUFan

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Stack said in an interview last season that VU was able to cover Williams’ tuition with NIL money to secure him as a PWO. I see no reason not to maintain that status if it works. He’s an SEC caliber athlete who has shown ability as a defender. He’s a solid walk-on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic