Roster next season

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.
VandyJim

Roster next season

Post by VandyJim »

Just looking ahead to next season's roster. We return 8: Brown, Greene, Pierre, Pissott, Mitchell, Moore, Makurat, Washington. I'm not sure about Oliver returning. We add (2) Blakes and Wilson.

How aggressive will Ralph be in the portal?
MikeADore

Re: Roster next season

Post by MikeADore »

I'm guessing two players from the portal, maybe three if an extraordinary opportunity arises. You and I agree that Blakes and Moore will be our main guard combo, but right now we only have Brown as an actual backup. Oliver, who I assume is returning since we haven't been told different, can also help out, but I think the coaches will want a true guard from the portal for depth.

Also, I expect a big of some sort. I'm hoping Mitchell has progressed enough to give us some real time on the floor. She seems to have some offensive skill, so I'm assuming the holdup has been on the defensive end and rebounding. Would love to see her make a big leap during the off season, but I'll be surprised if coach Ralph doesn't bring in a big girl in the portal. I expect Wilson to play a similar role to what Mitchell did this year while learning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic