The non-Belmont related portal thread

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.
User avatar
bhoyal
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by bhoyal »

Aidoo to Baylor - unconfirmed but pretty much gonna happen (?)

Just like Cade Tyson to UNC will become official in the morning (?)
User avatar
UltimateVUFan
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:44 pm
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by UltimateVUFan »

bhoyal wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:10 pm
UltimateVUFan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:47 pm The last Nigerian big man at VU turned out alright. Would be great to land Okpara. Wouldn’t hold my breath, though.
The competition will be tougher for somebody like Aidoo. We should get him in for a visit. You never can tell.

It will be the second time around recruiting him for VU.
Okpara is visiting UT. Sigh.
User avatar
bhoyal
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by bhoyal »

Skogman (Davidson, 6-10) to DePaul
User avatar
bhoyal
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by bhoyal »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:54 pm
bhoyal wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:10 pm
UltimateVUFan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:47 pm The last Nigerian big man at VU turned out alright. Would be great to land Okpara. Wouldn’t hold my breath, though.
The competition will be tougher for somebody like Aidoo. We should get him in for a visit. You never can tell.

It will be the second time around recruiting him for VU.
Okpara is visiting UT. Sigh.
They got him. :roll:
User avatar
bhoyal
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by bhoyal »

uut guard Freddie Dilione to Penn State

Ike McBride one of the highest rated remaining guard out there. Not sure where he is visiting or who contacted him. Radio silence.
User avatar
bhoyal
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by bhoyal »

Ike McBride has withdrawn from the portal.

Makes you wonder if he was waiting on an offer to return to VU that didn't happen?

He was highly rated in this portal class and would have had lots of other offers.
User avatar
UltimateVUFan
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:44 pm
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by UltimateVUFan »

bhoyal wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am Ike McBride has withdrawn from the portal.

Makes you wonder if he was waiting on an offer to return to VU that didn't happen?

He was highly rated in this portal class and would have had lots of other offers.
Isaac???
Jason94
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:43 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by Jason94 »

bhoyal wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am Ike McBride has withdrawn from the portal.

Makes you wonder if he was waiting on an offer to return to VU that didn't happen?

He was highly rated in this portal class and would have had lots of other offers.
Interesting - Oral Roberts was not a good team, but McBride had a good season - he shot 40% from three and 89% from the line, and almost hit 50% of his shots inside the arc. He was a marathon man as well, leading the nation in % of minutes played, playing all 40 minutes (or 45 in OT games) in 19 of the 31 games that they played.

One would figure that he would get an offer for much more NIL money elsewhere.
User avatar
bhoyal
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by bhoyal »

Jason94 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm
bhoyal wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am Ike McBride has withdrawn from the portal.

Makes you wonder if he was waiting on an offer to return to VU that didn't happen?

He was highly rated in this portal class and would have had lots of other offers.
Interesting - Oral Roberts was not a good team, but McBride had a good season - he shot 40% from three and 89% from the line, and almost hit 50% of his shots inside the arc. He was a marathon man as well, leading the nation in % of minutes played, playing all 40 minutes (or 45 in OT games) in 19 of the 31 games that they played.

One would figure that he would get an offer for much more NIL money elsewhere.
He had to have gotten some great offers. You would think.

Also: scratch the part about Aidoo to Baylor. He's going to visit Arky now.
User avatar
bhoyal
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: The non-Belmont related portal thread

Post by bhoyal »

Jason94 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm
bhoyal wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am Ike McBride has withdrawn from the portal.

Makes you wonder if he was waiting on an offer to return to VU that didn't happen?

He was highly rated in this portal class and would have had lots of other offers.
Interesting - Oral Roberts was not a good team, but McBride had a good season - he shot 40% from three and 89% from the line, and almost hit 50% of his shots inside the arc. He was a marathon man as well, leading the nation in % of minutes played, playing all 40 minutes (or 45 in OT games) in 19 of the 31 games that they played.

One would figure that he would get an offer for much more NIL money elsewhere.
Jalen Sullinger to Furman

Fun player to watch. Ohio State obviously didn't pony up for him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic