Single game tickets - pass on SeatGeek

For fan discussion of the glorious Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.
Versus75

Single game tickets - pass on SeatGeek

Post by Versus75 »

I've posted here before that I'm coming off knee surgery (total replacement) and live 3 hours away from Nashville. I'm a season ticket holder for Football, Men's Basketball and Baseball ... but can't make many of the games. My first VandyBoys game will be Saturday, March 9 versus Illinois State.

With that in mind, I looked at the options to sell tickets via the VU Ticket Office using SeatGeek.com. It's amazing that Vanderbilt cannot partner with a ticket broker that does not put the scalpers to shame!

My two seats are in Section N, Row 9

I like that spot because it's the last row and you can stand up without bothering anyone. Also, it's close to the concessions and Memorial Gym restrooms or even to head to the infield sections to find available seats.

If tickets are for sale through Vanderbilt, the non-conference game price for an outfield seat is $10.00 plus a $2.00 fee.

However, if I list a ticket for sale through SeatGeek at $10.00 and it sells my payout is $9.00. That is reasonable. The service is run essentially by the computers and SeatGeek gets a 10 percent cut for the automated sale.

But that same ticket costs the buyer $21.00 with fees! That's where it gets crazy. SeatGeek lets the computers process the sale and profits $12.00 on a $10.00 ticket.

Therefore, if you would like 2 tickets to any of the non-conference games (except the Louisville and the Illinois State series), I will sell them to you for $10 each and skip SeatGeek.

I plan to attend the Louisville and Illinois State games and the 15 SEC games. And I have a group of 15 Delta Kappa Epsilon alumni for the Saturday game against Auburn ... maybe we will get a shout-out on the scoreboard

You may use PayPal to: [email protected]

Warren D
502-594-8014
Last edited by Versus75 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cjdore

Re: Single game tickets - pass on SeatGeek

Post by cjdore »

I am looking for Eastern Mich and Louisville games.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic