“We know in time Vanderbilt football will be the best program in the country.”

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.
Dorewithaflare

Re: “We know in time Vanderbilt football will be the best program in the country.”

Post by Dorewithaflare »

I think Lea is a great Vandy man. I know he is giving his all to bring back football for us. As i watch him on the sideline there is no fire about him.This is not a class room, this is a place to get exited, hollow, throw your hat down, run out on the field,get a flag, just do something to show that you haven't died. These players play the same way he coaches.
Nashmann

Re: “We know in time Vanderbilt football will be the best program in the country.”

Post by Nashmann »

Dorewithaflare wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:10 am I think Lea is a great Vandy man. I know he is giving his all to bring back football for us. As i watch him on the sideline there is no fire about him.This is not a class room, this is a place to get exited, hollow, throw your hat down, run out on the field,get a flag, just do something to show that you haven't died. These players play the same way he coaches.
I agree 100%. Lea is a boring passionless guy and his players play with little passion. He is stoic on the sideline and there is very little emotion or excitement by the players. Stop with all this cerebral crap already. Football is a game of excitement, emotion, and getting a team fired up to play. I don't see the other coaches showing much during the game either. The O-line played decent last year. This is an experienced line!! How do you come to the next year and block like you never have before? That is coaching. Team execution is a result of coaching!!!! Oh don't worry about all our 3 stars...they will be coached up....BY WHO? Not this staff. Poor coaching from the top down!

Can you not coach a center who can snap the damn ball? This is what is so frustrating as a fan. We can't even do the simplest things....IN YEAR 3!!! :x
Fayettedore

Post by Fayettedore »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:01 am
Dorewithaflare wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:10 am I think Lea is a great Vandy man. I know he is giving his all to bring back football for us. As i watch him on the sideline there is no fire about him.This is not a class room, this is a place to get exited, hollow, throw your hat down, run out on the field,get a flag, just do something to show that you haven't died. These players play the same way he coaches.
I agree 100%. Lea is a boring passionless guy and his players play with little passion. He is stoic on the sideline and there is very little emotion or excitement by the players. Stop with all this cerebral crap already. Football is a game of excitement, emotion, and getting a team fired up to play. I don't see the other coaches showing much during the game either. The O-line played decent last year. This is an experienced line!! How do you come to the next year and block like you never have before? That is coaching. Team execution is a result of coaching!!!! Oh don't worry about all our 3 stars...they will be coached up....BY WHO? Not this staff. Poor coaching from the top down!

Can you not coach a center who can snap the damn ball? This is what is so frustrating as a fan. We can't even do the simplest things....IN YEAR 3!!! :x

Reposting an excerpt from BrentVU's "Thoughts on Vandy's loss to UNLV" thread -- for those who think they can do it better than CCL 8-) :

3. The mistakes continued into the third quarter, but down 30-17 going into the fourth quarter, the defense had gotten a stop, the offense was moving, and I could see in Coach Lea's body language, he is trying to rally the team. The fourth quarter is going to be our quarter. Some say he doesn't do this... oh, he does, he just does it in a different way than most coaches. He doesn't jump up and down. The emotion is there in his voice, but he never yells. He goes around to the different players and units and gives them a quiet, confident passion, sometimes a pat on the shoulder pads. And it worked. Vandy rallied to tie them at 30, gave up a long bomb TD, but then answered with a bomb TD of their own. The sideline was electric. Then the defense forced UNLV to punt.
WaitingForACoach

Post by WaitingForACoach »

Fayettedore wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:08 pm
Nashmann wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:01 am

Reposting an excerpt from BrentVU's "Thoughts on Vandy's loss to UNLV" thread -- for those who think they can do it better than CCL 8-) :

3. The mistakes continued into the third quarter, but down 30-17 going into the fourth quarter, the defense had gotten a stop, the offense was moving, and I could see in Coach Lea's body language, he is trying to rally the team. The fourth quarter is going to be our quarter. Some say he doesn't do this... oh, he does, he just does it in a different way than most coaches. He doesn't jump up and down. The emotion is there in his voice, but he never yells. He goes around to the different players and units and gives them a quiet, confident passion, sometimes a pat on the shoulder pads. And it worked. Vandy rallied to tie them at 30, gave up a long bomb TD, but then answered with a bomb TD of their own. The sideline was electric. Then the defense forced UNLV to punt.
I couldn't possibly do better than CCL. I couldn't do anywhere near as well as CCL. I fail to see how that makes him the answer for Vanderbilt football. Maybe he'll turn things around and win every game the rest of the way. Maybe he'll lead the team to tie the opponent late in every game before losing at the end. So far the results are unimpressive, and I reiterate I could do no better. But, I bet someone could.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic