De'Rickey Wright Decomits from AM

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.
NateSY

Re: De'Rickey Wright Decomits from AM

Post by NateSY »

Thanks for the extra insight Brent!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Super!
AuricGoldfinger

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

This was rumored back in March: viewtopic.php?p=15160#p15160. Did he ever actually enroll at A&M?
docdore

Post by docdore »

BrentVU wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:26 pm Wright is kind of a special case. Remember back in his freshman year, his mother died, essentially making him the man of the family. Another time he was suspended for breaking team rules, then worked his way back. He had a broken finger that required a plate and screws to repair. Last year he missed a lot of games with a high ankle sprain. Now this makes the second time he has gone into the portal, and (apparently) withdrawn.

After Wright entered the portal and withdrew the first time, he was quoted in a 2022 Chad Bishop story: “[The coaches] told me, ‘We want this to be your home. They kept on me,” Wright said about his relationship with Vanderbilt football during that tumultuous time. “It wasn’t like, ‘Oh he’s in the portal so we’re just going to forget about him. We’re going to help him if he needs help, and we’re also still going to be there for him.’ They’re amazing, and I’m blessed to be here.”

This past year was his fourth year at Vandy... he did not graduate this May and is apparently still working on an undergraduate degree. The development staff has invested so much in him, and I know they want to see him graduate. When he graduates, it will be "thank the laude," a real success story worth writing about.

And the NFL could also be in his future.
wright's not completing degree requirements yet has apparently worked in our favor.
vandy05

Post by vandy05 »

I for one would gladly welcome back a player who is so critical for us being successful. We just don't have the luxury to say "get lost" to someone. We ain't good enough!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic