Malik Dia with Vanderbilt in top 3?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.
Jason94

Re: Malik Dia with Vanderbilt in top 3?

Post by Jason94 »

bhoyal wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:10 am
commadore wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:32 pm
Jason94 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:13 pm

watching his scouting video he has some decent post moves but did not exhibit high level athleticism. Decent shot but very set - little lift off of it and not great accuracy.

He looks like a player who can be pretty good if you can play team ball, but I'd be surprised if he did much at the next level. He has good size but not great size and his athleticism is nothing special compared to those in the league.
He'll probably go for 40 against us this year. :(
He took between 12 and 18 shots in 22 games last season.

I would have to go back and check but it seems like Belmont lost maybe 10 of those games?

He'll score 40 in an SEC game if the coach lets him shoot the ball 35 times.

For a more detailed statistical analysis on that theory, take it away Jason.....
You summed it up sufficiently IMO. I'll just point out that despite getting beaten pretty badly by both LSU and USC, neither Stute nor Wright really went off against our very bad defense, so it feels less likely that Dia would be the individual to go for 40.
commadore

Post by commadore »

Jason94 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:13 pm

watching his scouting video he has some decent post moves but did not exhibit high level athleticism. Decent shot but very set - little lift off of it and not great accuracy.

He looks like a player who can be pretty good if you can play team ball, but I'd be surprised if he did much at the next level. He has good size but not great size and his athleticism is nothing special compared to those in the league.

I would have to go back and check but it seems like Belmont lost maybe 10 of those games?

For a more detailed statistical analysis on that theory, take it away Jason.....
Guess I should have added "sarcasm alert." I am glad he's Ole Mess's problem.
bhoyal

Post by bhoyal »

Jason94 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:24 am

You summed it up sufficiently IMO. I'll just point out that despite getting beaten pretty badly by both LSU and USC, neither Stute nor Wright really went off against our very bad defense, so it feels less likely that Dia would be the individual to go for 40.
Now that Knecht is gone, I would be very surprised to see anybody in the SEC drop over 30 on anybody in a league game. If Ivisic becomes the go-to guy at Arky and improves and plays 35 minutes a game, he has a chance to maybe drop 28-30 now and then. Every game he plays from here on out is an audition for the NBA. The pro scouts will be watching closely.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic